March 8 : International womens day - Celebrated as Women Empowerment Week in Thrissur Rural !!
On the occasion of International Women's Day, Women's Empowerment Week was celebrated from March 7 to 14 in Thrissur Rural Police District. &ldquoWe need gender equality today for a sustainable future&rdquo, This was The motto of this year's Women's Day. As part of women empowerment week, Thrissur district rural police had organized the following events with the public participation.
- Mega Woman adalath was being conducted during March 7 to March 12 at irinjalakkuda vanitha Police station and chalakkudy and kodungalloor sub division offices.
- A friendly football match was played at the Kuzhikkattukonam Kick shock Sports Arena under the leadership of the Thrissur District Rural Police at 5 pm on Monday, 7th march 2022. Chalakudy sub division Pink Police and Kodakara Panchayat Football Team meets in the match. Iringalakuda Municipal Corporation Chairperson Mrs. Sonia giri was the special guest for the competition. Following this, as part of women's empowerment, a short video release and film show prepared by Thrissur Rural District Police was organized.
- Night walk was organized at kattoor by Thrissur Rural District Police, Thrissur District Medical Office, Lions Club and Kudumbasree on 07.03.2022
- On 9.03.2022 a class was conducted at CHSS Chendrappinni at 11 AM on the subject of women's empowerment. Following this released the video "Kaval" prepared by the Kerala Police in connection with the safety of women. Also organized a show of Self-defense training presented by Thrissur rural District Women Police Officers
- Online interaction was arranged by Thrissur rural district police chief along with women police officers and women employees regarding the safety of women at workplaces.
- On 13.03.2022, women's volleyball tournament was organized at St. Joseph's College Stadium under the leadership of Thrissur Rural District Police Irinjalakuda Municipality, and Wings Kerala.
Proud moment for Thrissur District Rural Police!!!
Koratty Police Station, established in 1988, has been selected as the first ISO Certified Police Station in Thrissur Rural District. Police stations receive ISO certification on the basis of services provided to the public from the station. The Koratty police station has received a lot of praise in effective crime prevention activities, Criminal investigation, law and order, ensuring public peace, and finding and prevention of drug use. Basic facilities provided at the station to public coming for various purposes are the basis for ISO certification. In addition to this, public-friendly atmosphere, Green protocol system, Attractive and affectionate police station environment, Station-mounted security system, cleaning system, Appropriate and exemplary preservation of station record are also considered for the ISO certification.
Resolution of grievances of the people without delay, Facility to sit and relax as much as possible at all stations, Reading Facility, Communication with students and the general public, Traffic control, room and facilities for police officers' refreshment, QR code facilities for keeping the evidences Caught the attention of the ISO authorities. Janamaithri police system, &rdquoPatheyam&rdquo, the distribution free food with the help of janamaithri police, and facilities required for  treatment of lifestyle ailments of police officers in connection with the Primary Health Center , all drew attention for this process. ISO officials visited the station for more than 3 months and monitored the work, and only after that, steps have been taken to upgrade Koratty Police Station to an ISO Certified Police Station of international standard.
The suggestions made by Chalakudy  DySP Shri.C.R Santhosh and  Koratty SHO Shri .B.K Arun under the leadership of Hon. Thrissur District Rural Police Chief Ms. Aishwarya Dongre IPS also contributed to this achievement. The certificate was accepted by Hon. Thrissur District Rural Police Chief Ms. Aishwarya Dongore IPS on behalf of Thrissur Rural Police from Shri N. Sreekumar, ISO Kerala Representative on 03/03/2022.
15s new Cyber Crime Police Stations opened in the State
Chief Minister, Kerala Shri. Pinarayi Vijayan has inaugurated 15 Cyber Crime Police Stations across the state today by video conference. Now, all the 19 Police districts in the state have got the facility of Cyber Crime Police Stations. In Thiruvananthapuram City, Kochi City, Thrissur City, Kozhikkode City, Cyber Police Stations were established a couple of years back. New building constructed for the Malakkappara Police Station in Thrissur rural was also inaugurated by the Chief Minister.
Inaugurating the cyber stations, the Chief Minister said that the Government has decided to make necessary amendments in the Police Act with a view to ensure punishment for cyber attackers. Once the amendment comes to effect, the present difficulties in proceeding against the accused will come to an end. State of the art digital equipment&rsquos are now available in the market for a comparable lower cost. As a result, the cyber world is now available to the common people in the society. More people have started accessing cyber world. Many a times this lead to cyber abusing etc.
Police officials having technical qualifications and expertise in the field of cyber security have been posted in the newly inaugurated cyber police stations. New equipment&rsquos for finding out the culprits behind cyber-attacks have also been installed in the stations.
Shri. Loknath Behera IPS, State Police Chief along with other senior officers attended the function online.